Project Manager - External + Roofing Contractor
Posted on Oct 18, 2019 by UCA Consulting
My client is renowned as one of the UK's leading complete external building envelope and roofing contractors, offering a complete turnkey service of design, installation and project management. They work closely with a number of well renowned main contractors on projects UK wide
They have an established reputation for being master craftsmen in the use of traditional metal products such as zinc, copper and stainless steel, and they have extended their skills and expertise to cover the whole of the external building envelope.
Main Purpose of the job:
They have an immediate need for a Project Manager, to liaise closely with Contract Managers and Site Operatives to ensure each project runs smoothly on a daily - weekly basis.
You will be based in the field, covering and visiting all sites as necessary for your role. You will be responsible for completing all site related paperwork for recording and monitoring purposes, including encouraging site Foreman to complete their paperwork and ensure any site related issues are dealt with promptly.
The post holder will:
- Attend site either with or without Contract Manager upon initial commencement of works on individual projects.
- Attend weekly, or as required, site progress meetings with clients/main contractors.
- Internally plan a project with Contract Managers to highlight most efficient working systems and methods, and then implement those methods on site.
- Be responsible for managing and motivating site Foremen/operatives.
- Communicating with the clients, or Main Contractors representatives to ensure the smooth running of projects and the coordination of all activities on site.
- Monitoring the coordination on site to ensure that the maximum efficiency is afforded to labour and plant and reporting back to Contracts manager and other department, where such efficiency is impeded.
- Ensuring projects are built to specification, to excellent quality standards, delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the sub-contractors' progress claims are relevant to monies invoiced.
- Ensure that any material requests are taken from the site foreman in good time so as not to delay their requisition.
- Ensure that all site records are up to date, including daily records, plant and labour returns, health and safety files and weekly progress reports.
- Reported directly to the Contract Manager responsible for the project. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time and within any financial targets.
- Produced daily or weekly targets for each team of operatives to achieve.
- Provide 2 and 4 week look ahead programmes for each project, noting materials, fabrications and labour that will be required.
- Give appropriate and immediate solutions to construction problems that may occur.
- Responsible for the management of direct labour, sub-contractors, co-ordination with the Client and his representatives.
In addition to the above duties, all staff members are required to:
- Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required
- Adhere to all company's policies and procedures, including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety.
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- Participate in the company's Performance Review and Development Scheme.
- Adhere to Company's environmental policy and guidelines and undertake tasks in a sustainable manner.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £32k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£24k - £30k Annual
£20k - £28k Annual