Lead On-Call Production Support Engineer
Posted on Oct 17, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Position: Production Support Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Should be able to participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages in a timely fashion.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents, coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident management
- Communicate overall status and health of the application to business and application support teams
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary.
- Test and validate system performance.
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) supporting and building Front End web applications.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and programming principles and patterns
- 2+ years of experience with React JS in developing web applications.
- 4+ of experience in troubleshooting problems using Splunk and Dynatrace expertise is necessary for this position.
- Hands on experience working with Service now and Jira.
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired