Malware Reverse Engineer
Posted on Oct 17, 2019 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Malware Reverse Engineer. This role is revolved around malware analysis and reverse engineering in support of incident response, investigative analysis, threat hunting, and researching emerging cyber threats. This will also involve in depth analysis of static and behavioral analysis of complex malicious code. For this role, an individual must have Scripting experience with python, bash, Pearl, and powershell. Also for this role, you need to have experience with reverse engineering tools like IDA Pro and Ghidra.
- Use expertise in malware analysis/reverse engineering to evaluate and analyze complex malicious code.
- Perform reverse-engineering for suspected or known malware files, determining the TTPs associated with the code.
- Develop custom tools designed to automate analysis.
- Perform research around malicious software, vulnerabilities, and exploitation tactics, and recommend preventative or defensive actions.
- Produce detailed reports identifying attributes and functionality of malware, and IOCs that can be used for malware identification/detection, to include behavior, identified infrastructure used for command and control, and mitigation techniques.
- Assist in identifying (hunting) and profiling threat actors and TTPs.
- Develop host and network based signatures to identify specific malware via heuristic and/or anomaly based detection methods.
- Participate in formal technical briefing and proposals.
- Perform as an Information Security SME in the several of the following areas:
- Malicious code behavior
- Threat Intelligence
- Incident Response
- Web Application
- Lg analysis (statistical modelling, correlation, pattern recognition, etc. Microsoft platform (Server, Workstation, applications)
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years overall technical experience in either reverse engineering/malware analysis, threat intelligence, incident response, security operations, or related information security field.
- 5+ years experience in application design/engineering, including but not limited to programming/Scripting, Windows/Linux system administration, RDBMS/NoSQL database administration, etc.
- 2+ years experience in penetration testing or ethical hacking
- 2+ years experience with reverse engineering tools like IDA Pro, Ghidra, OllyDbg, Windbg, and Wireshark.
- 2+ years experience of Python Scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks (and Bash or Powershell or Perl C/C++).
- 2+ years experience of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures.
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, and .NET.
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals, Windows APIs, and writing and analysing DLLs.
- Recent experience developing custom software and hardware tools to assist in performing reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis.
- Strong understanding of common network and application stack protocols, including but not limited to TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, XML, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with security operations tools, including but not limited to:
- SIEM (eg Splunk, ArcSight)
- Indicatr management (eg ThreatConnect)
- Link/relatinship analysis (eg Maltego, IBM i2 Analyst Notebook)
Signature develpment/management (eg Snort rules, Yara rules