Network Security Lead
Posted on Oct 17, 2019 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Security Lead. This individual needs to have strong Firewall experience with Palo Alto Firewalls. They also need to have some UNIX administration and application support experience. They need someone with Scripting skills in PowerShell, Perl, and Python. The main responsibility of this role is to support information security including Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, Proxy Servers, and other security solutions.
- Reviews and evaluates business technology needs, security, and systems requirements to decide on best course of action; develops specifications and performs development, integration, and programming activities for moderately-complex to complex cybersecurity applications, systems, and solutions
- Researches and evaluates potential threats to assess risk and prioritize actions; develops testing plans and scripts to identify vulnerabilities and develop countermeasures
- Conducts code, systems, and process reviews to identify areas of potential vulnerability and communicate to business and technical leaders; develops diagnostics, tools, and patches to assess and mitigate intrusions and attacks
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring for less experienced team members on assigned projects
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years work experience in security or risk management, networking, or related technology based role.
- Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
- Unix administration and application support in a Unix environment experience required.
- Moderate experience with Scripting (PowerShell, PERL, PYTHON, etc.)
- Strong Firewall experience: ie Palo Alto
- Certifications in area of specialty a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting web traffic protocols and decryption
- Experience with Cisco IOS. Ability to locate a host on the network for incidents or troubleshooting