Applications Cloud Engineer
Posted on Oct 17, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Application Cloud Engineer. This role is revolved around DevOps and Cloud engineering. This individual with an understanding of infrastructure will need to be able to build applications in AWS, Java, Scala, and Python and have experience with Lambda and API Gateways.
- Design and implement a centralized Unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern Unstructured data for the enterprise.
- Build a scalable Cloud (AWS) platform for the evolving needs so support Company's Unstructured Data Strategy.
- Identify and utilize new and emerging technologies to define comprehensive, sustainable, extensible architecture to meet defined business needs, including cloud or on-premises solutions
- Design and establish governance and data management frameworks for Unstructured data.
- Provide recommendations on implementation of organization wide processes and procedures for the management of data risk especially if the solution is based on a public cloud services.
- Coordinate with Network and Infrastructure teams to design systems that can scale to the operational needs of handling large volumes of Unstructured data
- Define strategies to Investigate, evaluate, interpret and classify Unstructured data in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between the Unstructured content and its associated metadata.
- Evaluate technologies & implement solutions that enable the capture, publication and governance of business and system metadata, including lineage and traceability
- Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure holistic Big Data solutions meet the needs of various stakeholders.
- Executes on initiatives to improve the accuracy, security, quality, completeness, speed of data, and decisions made from Big Data analysis.
- Leverages and uses Big Data best practices to develop technical solutions used for handling of Unstructured data.
- Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience as a Big Data Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience. Master's Degree in a quantitative or scientific field would be a plus.
- Experience in using software development to drive data & analytic efforts using Java/Scala as the programming language.
- Must be a developer who has experience building applications/solutions using AWS/Java/Scala.
- Experience/Knowledge of building applications using Public/Private cloud infrastructure
- AWS Knowledge - Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, Step Function, AppSync, Dynamo DB, Cloudwatch, EKS.
- Language - Java, J2EE, Scala
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Micro Service, Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration
- Messaging/Streaming: JMS, Kafka/Kinesis
- Database - Oracle, Any No SQL DB like Couchbase, MongoDB