Software Engineer (Web / Mobile Developer - net)
Posted on Oct 17, 2019 by Air Line Pilots Association
Location: US-VA-Tysons (McLean)
Job ID: 2
# of Positions Type: 1
Category: Information Technology & Services - Web Developer
Software Engineer (Web / Mobile Developer .net)
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 62,000 pilots at 35 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Software Engineer (Web / Mobile Developers) for our Tysons (McLean), Virginia office. The Web/Mobile Developer gathers user requirements, performs systems design and analysis, and develops and tests Web applications that can be complex. S/he provides input for the lifecycle development of Web projects, allowing for integration of corporate technical architecture standards and strategy. S/he collaborates with Web Architects, Web/Moble Developers, other technology specialists, and often with other departments in the implementation of projects and strategy. To be successful, s/he researches, identifies, and recommends design and technology infrastructure alternatives and assists in their design when appropriate. S/he ensures consistent use of technical architecture standards and assists with complex problem resolution efforts and may also provide recommendations and information to management regarding technology direction and/or drawbacks and glitches.
Software Engineer (Web / Mobile Developer .net) Travel: 5 - 10 %.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Software Engineer (Web / Mobile Developer .net) Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master's degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Five (5) years of related experience required, more strongly preferred. Additional applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
- Web design, mobile applications development, Responsive Web Design (RWD), and database management required.
- Expertise with Visual Studio .Net; ASP.Net; C#; Xamarin; Java; SQL Server; and, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator required.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net Framework and client/server-side architecture required.
- Experience with .Net-based CMS systems strongly preferred.
- Expertise with Web/Mobile-based security and familiarity with authentication environments, particularly ADFS and Identity Server, strongly preferred.
- Experience with requirements gathering, design, and working with systems analysts strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge/skills troubleshooting/debugging .NET code; UI/frontend design; Windows IIS server setup; and, Web services strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
- Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Software: Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
Relocation not provided.
Sponsorship not available for this position.