Senior Manager Software Engineering
Posted on Oct 16, 2019 by Comcast
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our Digital Home Client Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for customer-facing mobile, web, set-top box, and voice application development for Comcast's Home Security, Home Network Management and Internet of Things product offerings. This includes the native iOS, Android, and Web xFi applications, which manages our cloud enabled gateway for millions of homes and is expanding internationally.
In this role, you will directly manage 5-10 people including full-time-employees and contractors of Mobile and Web Software Engineers and Test Engineers. These Engineers range in skill-level and experience from Principal to Junior and Entry-Level. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams (management, web, mobile and API developers, UX designers, test engineers, operations engineers, product and business managers) to lead project initiatives for Digital Home applications. You must be a strong technical leader, an independent, critical and analytic thinker, have excellent communication skills and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- 3+ years managing software engineers, setting goals and developing career plans
- 6+ years professionally developing native mobile applications (iOS or Android) or Web responsive clients
- Strong competence in estimation
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins or Concourse)
- Experience with HTTP and RESTful web services
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Directly managing multiple Engineering teams (approx. 5-10 Engineers including full time employees and contractors)
- Providing regular feedback and coaching regarding both job performance and career development
- Directing the development and release of multiple project across Digital Home mobile and web applications
- Providing guidance to engineering teams and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements, contributing to functional strategy development
- Self-Development via an awareness of one's strengths and weaknesses, and openness to others viewpoints
- Demonstrating interest in others, encourages adaptive development and promotes a sustainable team culture.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer