Uniform & Sportswear - Store Supervisor
Posted on Oct 16, 2019 by SPL
4 - 5 Days per week (Including either Saturday or Sunday)
£20,000 - £22,000 pa (Negotiable)
Benefits: Pension, Staff Discount, Free Parking available
We believe in working hard, but also having fun!
We are looking for an experienced and reliable Store Supervisor to join our enthusiastic and hardworking team. We offer a busy and fun environment with the opportunity to meet new people. The role suits a friendly and confident person who can contribute to the management of the store, sell our products and ensure customers receive the highest level of service.
We are an established Uniform, Sportswear and Accessories business, based near Heathrow. With several long-standing customers, as well as new enquiries every day we have a steadily growing portfolio of new clients. Our business consists of a retail store and website as well as a wholesale operation, which includes acting as a distribution house for particular clients.
To thank the team for their dedication, in the last 12 months we have
taken them out many times including "thank-you" drinks by the river, a
party in a 5* hotel and an end of season celebration evening in a shisha
Of course, we have an annual Christmas Dinner plus during the year we
aim to reward individual effort with occasional gifts or vouchers.
Main purpose of the role
- To ensure the smooth running of the shop floor and motivating the team of staff
- Key holder
- Responsible for ensuring all customers receive the highest level of customer service
- To ensure that the store achieves high standards in all areas including exterior, shop floor and stock areas
- Allocating jobs to team members throughout the day
- Settling any customer service issues efficiently
- Ensuring stock checks are completed annually
- Checking in stock received against delivery notes (& reporting any discrepancies)
- Allocating stock to retail (liaising with Admin) or wholesale (liaising with Accounts)
- Barcoding stock
- Placing goods in stock rooms and replenishing the shop floor
- Merchandising and displaying stock correctly
- Recording any faulty or mislabeled garments, and reporting to Admin
- Operating EPOS till and stock control systems (training available)
- Printing web orders received, then picking and dispatching them via couriers or Royal Mail
- Store opening and end-of-day procedures (cashing-up) on closing
The store is open 9.00am to 5.30pm (Mon-Sat) and 11am to 4pm (Sunday). Working hours will be 8.45am to 5.45pm for 3 or 4 days during the week plus Saturday or Sunday. One hour for lunch. However, applicants should be prepared to be flexible as varying hours, some additional weekend and occasional off-site work will be required, particularly in the summer due to the seasonality of the business.
This is a permanent role, based in our Hounslow store (car parking facilities available; excellent public transport links very close by).