Maintenance Mechanic - Mobile Equipment
Posted on Oct 16, 2019 by Job Juncture
Love your job!
Our client, a well regarded steel products manufacturer located near Midlothian Texas, has an immediate need to attract a talented Mobile Equipment Mechanic to their growing team.
This is an hourly job ($34/hour) working a normal 8 hour shift typically Monday through Friday.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Diagnose and repair defective mobile, mechanical, and hydraulic equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, and service compressors and other process equipment.
- Perform inspections, installations, and alignments of equipment, and troubleshoot any equipment failures.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the Process Code System and Internal Combustion System.
- Repair, replace, and fabricate parts for worn items as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment using knowledge of vibration analysis, oil analysis, and thermography.
- Read machine drawings, blueprints, pipe diagrams, and flow sheets.
- Lubricate and clean parts.
- Perform welding repairs as needed using arc, wire, tig, and gas welds.
- Use cutting torches to cut and lay out basic designs.
- Initiate purchase orders for parts.
- Maintain specified records of work performed, details of repairs, and materials usage.
- Understanding of shop mathematics with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and precision measuring instruments.
- Intermediate knowledge of mobile equipment maintenance and repair in an industrial setting.
- AAS in industrial maintenance and maintenance reliability certifications are preferred.
- Diesel Mechanic certification is preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience working in an industrial environment in a position containing a routine maintenance component is preferred.
- Military experience would be a plus