Cybersecurity Architect (Lead)
Posted on Oct 15, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
Cybersecurity Architect (Lead)
This is a remote position requiring a sharp, degreed individual from a large enterprise environment with a deep background in both Architecture and Infrastructure/Web Applications.
As the Lead Cybersecurity Architect, you will be responsible for protection measures for new and redesigned IT solutions, identifying pre-production technical security control deficiencies, subscribing IT solutions to enterprise technical security platforms, developing and maintaining a technical controls framework, and designing technical hardening standards.
You will work with the project team to define the scope, work effort, and deliverables for the security engineering engagement and will oversee multiple engagements executing in parallel. In addition to being an individual contributor, you'll have an overall responsibility for delivering multiple technical design engagements on-time and on-budget, and is expected to effectively exercise leadership and guidance to enable the team's success.
This role is also responsible for the continued improvement and development of the Secure IT Solution Development service. You should be able to draw from a deep background in enterprise technology and security principles and solutions, as well as understanding of the business, to clearly articulate and discuss identified business risks and various options for mitigating those risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build, and provide guidance to a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems
- Develops a capability to design, implement, and continuously update a technical security control requirements model supporting enterprise information security policies and standards, enterprise technology strategy, enterprise technology architecture and patterns, information security industry best practices, emerging information security technologies, and relevant laws and regulations (eg HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB, and others.)
- Capability to assist the organizations responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of technical security controls by providing virtual team resources and knowledge sharing to enterprise information technology development initiatives.
- Develops a capability to verify that the requirements for technical security controls were addressed correctly and that all recommendations were implemented effectively (this includes collecting necessary information, verifying the accuracy of the information, testing the solution, and building an assurance argument).
- Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Identifies security control requirements for technology initiatives and deliver effective and practical solutions to meet those requirements in alignment with the overall objectives of the project and the business.
- Works with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently and support business objectives.
- Serves as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Exercises thought leadership in the creation and maintenance of security architectures/design patterns.
- Develops technical designs for a project to meet information security requirements based on approved security architectures/design patterns.
- Provides resource planning and engagement management.
- Provides service development and improvement.
- Communicates cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintains communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develops strong working relationships with and offers continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
- Continuously tracks and reports the status of all capability development and service delivery efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
CORE COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A strong working understanding of enterprise technologies, operations, and architectural principles and models.
- Knowledge of virtualized data center architectures and operations, SOA-type deployments, web services and multi-tier web applications, and technologies supporting Intranet, Extranet, and remote access services.
- Ability to evaluate disparate IT system architectures and designs in Real Time and recommend appropriate security control and countermeasure solutions.
- A strong working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Externally recognized information security industry thought leadership and innovation accomplishments desired but not required.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- A widely-recognized technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is strongly preferred.
- A minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in the information security field with expert knowledge of platform, application, storage, data, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- A minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security engagements and/or leading a team of technical resources. This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
If interested in this role please email Connor Roettig with your resume at (see below)