Posted on Oct 15, 2019 by Uncle Buck Finance
As a PHP Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of back end applications. This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You'll also work closely with Test team to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of code for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API's to enable system integration
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and written)
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Sound judgement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Candidates must be fully conversant in PHP and specifically Laravel framework
- Must be comfortable working withjs.
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Candidates must be fully conversant with MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- A knowledge of application security is desirable (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
- Experience working with GIT
- Reporting to: Systems & Development Manager
- 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (flexible between 8am and 6pm by agreement)
- Office based