Water Quality Scientist
Location: Based at Fulbourn Road, Cambridge
Competitive Salary: £24,000 circa per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours and days: 37 hours per week Monday - Friday
Water is a precious and vital resource used by us all in our homes and businesses daily. At South Staffs Water we're committed to providing high-quality water, exceptional levels of service and great value for money.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Water Quality Regulation and Compliance Team.
Key elements of this role are to:
- Advise and engage with our customers on Water Quality matters to ensure a satisfactory outcome,
- Export and interrogate compliance and operational sample data to ensure sampling targets are met,
- Conduct detailed investigations into water quality failures and events,
- Monitor and identify significant trends in water quality parameters and ensure appropriate intervention and escalation,
- Compile accurate and timely data and reports for internal and external stakeholders to a strict Regulatory timetable,
- Understand the Company's Water Quality Monitoring strategy, and continuously review in line with regulatory requirements, operational procedures and effectiveness.
Working in a small team, you will need to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in balancing both a proactive and reactive workload whilst maintaining an exemplary standard of service to internal and external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal, being able to communicate effectively at all levels within the business. IT literacy and excellent telephone skills are also a particular requirement.
Experience of working in a busy planning/scheduling environment would be a distinct advantage, although not essential as full training in all aspects of the role will be provided where required. Candidate must be educated in a scientific discipline or equivalent. Candidate must have a valid UK driving license as regular travel across the region is required.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website -
To apply please forward your CV to:
Closing Date: 28th October 2019