End User Infrastructure Support Engineer
Posted on Oct 15, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
End User Infrastructure Support Engineer
Significant experience with enterprise level ability to utilize Microsoft tools (MDT, ADK, WISM, DISM) to create and deploy image solutions to physical and virtual workstations, with a strong emphasis in keeping both the physical and virtual environments updated, patched, and maintained. Experience in packaging and deploying software within a physical environment and virtual environment via SCCM, APP-V, or Citrix Application Packager. A strong focus with creating, managing, and deploying Microsoft Active Directory actions, as well as Microsoft Group Policy within an enterprise environment. The ability to create and deploy enterprise level Scripting utilizing Windows Powershell, SMS, VBscript, Batch/Command, and WISE. Working knowledge on creating, deploying, and maintaining physical and virtual printers to Microsoft standards. Exposure to mobile device management infrastructure maintenance and device policy configurations.
- This position is chartered to provide the highest level of physical and virtual Workstation support at RUMC and will be responsible for remediation of the most difficult or advanced problems which cannot be properly resolved to the satisfaction of the client by Tier 1/Tier 2 levels of support as well as from supporting teams.
- The End User Technology Engineer will be responsible for assisting Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel, and will work on research and the development of solutions for newly identified issues as they arise.
- Ensures a timely response and resolution (or escalation when appropriate) to tier-2 incidents and requests.
- Provides customer support and incident remediation both on-site and via remote access.
- Effectively coordinates support tasks and activities in accordance with customer's schedule.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and knows when to escalate incidents to Senior Engineers, Managers and vendors, following appropriate processes and procedures.
- Assure that current projects are on track and that all tasks have been completed on time or that delays have been communicated to team members, managers, and vendors.
- Contributes standard formatted documentation to knowledgebase. Maintains required and personal training and development plans.
- Provide Project Management on supported Departmental Information Service initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of progressively more advanced direct computer related work and customer service experience is required
- Familiarity with company specific hardware, software, and applications
- Experience with SCCM - Creating packages, Advertisements, Queries, Collection
- Experience with WSUS - Patch management and distribution
- Experience with Active Directory - Group Policy Management, Users and Groups
- Experience with Application Packaging - Citrix Application Profiler, App-V, Wise Package Studio, Admin Studio, ORCA
- Experience in Scripting - Windows Powershell, SMS, VBscript, Batch/Command, and WISE (Active Directory management and large repeatable tasks will often be scripted)
- Experience with Windows Imaging process and image creation - Microsoft MDT 2013, Windows 7, Win 7 Embedded, Windows 10, Win IOT, and WAIK
- Experience with HP Thin Clients (HP Device Manager) and Citrix Desktop Lock
- Experience with roaming profiles (Citrix Profile Management) and folder redirection (DFS namespaces and replication), In-depth understanding of User's Profile structure
- Experience with Application Publishing and distribution through XenApp 6.5/7.12 (hosted, streamed) and how Citrix receiver interacts with XenApp/XenDesktop
- Experience with Citrix PVS, High Availability, vDisk Replication, Load balancing
- Experience with VMWare - Template Creation, VM Creation
- Experience with Citrix Desktop Studio (XenDesktop 5.6/7.12) to manage VMs, how it interacts with the Hypervisor (VMWare in our case) and Citrix PVSExperience with VMWare AirWatch and Workspace One for managing mobile devices
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and "on call" rotation as required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills, and ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service
- Experience using a ticket tracking systems
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: