Data Centre Technician
Posted on Oct 15, 2019 by Equinix
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Keep on reading to find out more about this role at Equinix!
Have you ever wondered what it's like working within the Operations department of a global datacenter and interconnectivity business? Well in effect, we keep the lights on! We ensure our clients, that range from SME's through to global powerhouses, have connectivity and data security 24/7.
Equinix is in a period of global expansion to meet and exceed the ever-increasing demand for digital connectivity and security. With growth comes opportunity! With presence in 15 countries in the EMEA region (e.g. UK, Netherlands, Germany and France) we are always looking for new talent to join our great company!
So, what does the role involve?
The position of Data Center Technician will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This is a wide-ranging role, where you will be acting as a company ambassador through your early customer interaction, and as a solutions provider through providing guidance, installation, advanced test services and ad hoc project implementation.
Typical responsibilities include;
- Installations; installs customer equipment and cabinets
- Queue Management; figures out work priorities from our ticketing system
- Testing/Troubleshooting; conducts carrier circuit testing
- Cross Connects; installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits
- Documentation/Reporting; maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Projects; supports fulfilment of projects with direction from senior staff
- Customer management; supports customer happiness through timely and precise order execution
Who are we looking for?
Based in the UK, Germany, Netherlands or France, we are looking for people who are willing to work both independently and with a team. We are looking for people with key skills like work prioritisation, organisational skills, effective communication, the ability to react quickly in a critical environment and those that have the drive and determination to succeed with their job.
- Ideally hold an electrical or networking qualification or similar
- Experience of Cat6a, OM3/OM4 / Fibre Cabling techniques (Installation, Termination & Testing)
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/ IP
- Previous experience in an IPS or telco environment is preferred
- Experience working in a customer facing environment
Equinix is one of the largest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide, currently in our 61st quarter of growth. That's why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal; global interconnection. With over 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 9,800 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
Due to strategic growth plans fuelled by an increasing demand for digital connectivity, we are recruiting across multiple functions (IT, operations, engineering, corporate functions, etc) at all levels and would be interested in hearing from individuals that are eager to develop their career through Equinix.
The role is offering
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still manages to keep a pioneer spirit. We offer you a competitive salary in return for your time and drive, sharing your knowledge and experience. On top of that, an annual bonus scheme and other attractive benefits, but overall an environment where you can flourish, grab opportunities and enjoy yourself whilst working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive Salary
- 10% bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata on shift)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Family: Childcare Vouchers and Merlin Entertainment Pass
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Exciting? We think so! Your journey starts here, so take the first step to become part of the Equinix family by clicking apply.
Keep yourself up to date with Equinix news by browsing our website and subscribing to our LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook feeds. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to know more about the role, or check out our YouTube page to find out more: